It’s officially Christmas season. The malls are packed, you can play Christmas music without being judged and the decorations are up. Finding gifts for the book lovers in your life can be tough, so we’re going to give you some ideas on what to get!
- Owl Crate – This is a subscription service for young adults and people who enjoy YA books. Not only do you get a new YA book every month but you also get really amazing bookish accessories too! It’s $29.99 per month.
- Bawdy Bookworms – This is for the romance readers in your life and the price is quite steep ($44.95 a month)! This subscription box is definitely exclusive for adults because you get one steamy romance book and a couple sexy adult surprises. If the book lover in your life only likes closed door romances then this is not the box for them but otherwise, go wild!
- My Thrill Club – This is for the thrill readers in your life. Do they enjoy thrillers, horror, mysteries? They’ll love this box! For just $18.99 a month, My Thrill Club sends you 2 books, an e book and a few extra surprises every month. This is such a great bang for your buck!
There were so many great cookbooks out this year and it’s easy to figure out which one the book lover in your life already has.
Some of our favorites this year:
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks : The New Frontier by Ree Drummond
- Cali’flour Kitchen by Amy Lacey (one of the few healthy and plant based cookbook, I didn’t find annoying!)
- Life is a Party by David Burtka (Husband of Neil Patrick Harris)
- Midnight Chicken by Ella Risbridger (This is the cookbook I’m personally getting myself this Christmas! – Leggy)
Also, you can find stocking stuffer cook books for Keto, Air Fryer and Instapot recipes online or at your nearest local bookstore! (images appear bigger than they really are, they are really bite sized)
Coffee Table Books:
I can’t wait to grow up, actually decorate my apartment and get a coffee table book for my living room. Anyway, these are our recs for the holiday!
- The Rihanna Book by Rihanna – A visual autobiography of the star’s life
- 21 Nights by Prince -(This includes the book and a CD)
- Black is Beautiful by Kwame Brathwaite
The NASA Archives: 60 Years in Space by Andrew Chaikin and Piers Bizony
All the bits and bobs you can gift the book lovers in your life!
- This Book Earrings from Etsy (Etsy is a gold mine for gifts like this, definitely check it out!)
- For the book lover in your life who just discovered the amazingness that is Harry Potter, we have the Harry Potter wand or the Harry potter chocolate wand!
- Little Women is coming to a big screen near you this December and while you get the book lover in your life tickets, you can also get them this Little Women scarf to keep warm!
- Everybody loves candles! – these literary candles are a very special touch for the holidays
- Stationery! Who doesn’t love a bit of stationery, from these literary inspired journals to pencils.
Good Old Books:
It’s hard to find someone the perfect book especially when it’s a gift. You have to find out what they enjoyed, what they didn’t and the genre they’re usually most comfortable in and then hope they don’t already have whatever book you come up with.
We have a lot of recommendations on the blog and you just have to search the genre tags to see what we thought of whatever book you’re considering. Celebrity memoirs from people they are fans of, is always a safe bet. Also, getting them books on subject matters they’re actually interested in.
Some general book recs that are not already on our blog are:
- Movies (And Other Things) by Shea Serrano
- Game of Thrones: A Guide to Westeros and Beyond, The Complete Series by Myles McNutt
- I’ll Be There for You: The One About Friends by Kelsey Miller
- The Complete Novels of Jane Austen
- Michelle Obama: Her Essential Wisdom edited by Carol Kelly-Gangi
Giving back (Bonus):
The Stacks Podcast is currently doing a book drive that will benefit the kids of Rocketship Delta Prep in California. The students in this school come from extreme poverty and rarely ever have access to actual, hardcover or paperback books, most of their books are photocopied. This Book drive strives to provide these kids with an amazing Christmas present. They have a book list received from some of the teachers and are asking people to buy at least one book each! Also, you automatically get entered into a giveaway by participating in this book drive. You can read all about it here!
This was a fun post to curate for us and we really hope you find something your loved ones will truly enjoy. If all else fails and you can’t decide what to get, you can always fall back on a good ol’ trusted gift card, so they can get whatever they want for themselves. Happy shopping and hope you have a lovely holiday season!
Leggy & Taynement